Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2777 in lilypond: Learning Manual has version

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2777 in lilypond: Learning Manual has version 2.14.2 instead of 2.16.0
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:04:04 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 2777 by address@hidden: Learning Manual has version 2.14.2 instead of 2.16.0

I'll bump that in stable/2.16, so it will be fine in 2.16.1. We were discussing what to put in VERSION for the release of 2.16.0, and it was more or less considered correct to put the last already released version in there. Considering this issue, that appears to have been a mistake, and we should likely rethink this for 2.18.0.

Now, what should I place in VERSION_UNSTABLE? I guess currently 2.17.1, but should I update that before releasing 2.16.1? Should I bump VERSION _together_ with making the release announcement? Shouldn't we do that for unstable releases as well?