Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2702 in lilypond: Patch: Unify the lexer's ide

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2702 in lilypond: Patch: Unify the lexer's idea of words and commands across all modes.
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 10:23:13 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 2702 by address@hidden: Patch: Unify the lexer's idea of words and commands across all modes.

LGTM

It looks like you've considered that only fairly infrequent corner cases are affected.
KISS is a good principle to follow. Wonky is badness.

I always thought having to declare \command-with-hyphens or \command_with_underbars
as
"command_with_underbars" = <blah>
or
#(define command-with-hyphens <blah>)

was silly back in 2.12, and I have never felt entirely comfortable that the restriction was consistently removed during 2.14/2.15. This kind of simplification in the parser and/or lexer makes this more maintainable.

Ian