lightning

Re: [Lightning] About 32 and 64 bits registers

From: Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
Subject: Re: [Lightning] About 32 and 64 bits registers
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 06:04:01 -0300

2010/8/25 Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden>:
> On 08/24/2010 10:14 PM, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade wrote:
>>
>>   Yes, that was also why I asked you to work on the correction of loads
>> of signed char, short and ints.
>
> I'll push the patch for that later.

  Actually you already did that :-) It was the regressions in
ld*_{c,uc,s,us,i,ui}
where it would not sign extend negative values.

>> Working this way, it makes a very
>> clearer interface. The problem now is that the movi_* operations also
>> need updates
>
> Yes, that's true.

  I reworked the branch.tst test to cover all combinations of %v0-v2, %r0-r2,
and %f0-f5. But most of the failures, only on x86_64 are most likely issues
with movi_*. Next test case I will add will be checks for movi_*, to "isolate"
the problems, and test all movi_* and register combinations.

> Paolo

Paulo