[libunwind] Re: multiple dynamic list-info addresses?

From: Todd L Miller
Subject: [libunwind] Re: multiple dynamic list-info addresses?
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:16:42 -0600 (CST)

> Of course, if your app doesn't link against libunwind, then you'll
> never the the list defined.  In your case, I suppose it would be
> easiest is you could force a load of libunwind.  Perhaps LD_PRELOAD.

        I thought it would cleaner to link libunwind into the library I'm
already wedging into the remote address space; I can't depend on
LD_PRELOAD.  (In particular, I need to be able to do dynamic unwinding in
a remote process that I didn't create.  I also can't dynamically link it
to the library I'm already wedging in, because I can't depend on the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH being set correctly in the remote process.)  However, I've
figured out how to statically link libunwind into the library I'm already
inserting, and now libunwind does not report multiple dynamic list-info
addresses.  *shrug*

- Todd Miller