Re: [libunwind] Unwinding using the context passed to a signal handler (

From: Max Asbock
Subject: Re: [libunwind] Unwinding using the context passed to a signal handler (doesn't work)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:58:26 -0800

On x86_64 we can't currently unwind across signal frames using dwarf2
info. The kernel doesn't export that information yet.
See http://www.x86-64.org/lists/discuss/msg04811.html
Therefore even if we call unw_getcontext() from the signal handler and
unwind back till we hit the signal frame, we still have to pick out the
values for the next SP and IP from the ucontext on the signal frame. I
am not sure if this is different from using the same ucontext passed in
by the signal handler directly.

max