[libunwind] using dwarf_step on x86 and amd64

From: Max Asbock
Subject: [libunwind] using dwarf_step on x86 and amd64
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:19:22 -0800

Hi all,

I have been trying the dwarf parser in the bk tree of libunwind.
When I run it on x86 it fails. The callback() function complains it doesn't find all the required information. It either finds text or eh_header but not both together. Are there any compiler options that I need to produce all the info? (gcc 3.3.1)
If I run the same program compiled with the same gcc options on amd64 (as a 64-bit binary) callback() finds everything alright. This is with gcc 3.2.2. After some tweaking the parser now finds the dwarf unwind info and seems to parse it correctly. Only the apply_reg_state() function doesn't seem to move things to the next frame. I am still looking into that.

regards,
max