libtool

Re: GNU Libtool 2.2.8 released (stable)

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: GNU Libtool 2.2.8 released (stable)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 21:12:12 +0200

Hello Adam,

* Adam Mercer wrote on Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 08:44:59PM CEST:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 15:44, Gary V. Vaughan <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  - Initial support for the Cuda Compiler Driver on GNU/Linux.
>
> Is there any documentation for this anywhere, I can't find anything in
> the online manual nor info document and a quick Google search only
> leads me to the release notes for 2.2.8?

Well, the support is basically
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=741a9867eb71eb258ca1ed5b85bc7f03ce864195>
and comes from this discussion:
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.autoconf.general/12000/focus=7006>

Other patches posted for improved Cuda support in autotools had to be
ignored so far because submitters were not able or willing to assign
copyrights.

What are you missing, what is not working?

Cheers,
Ralf