libtool

Link Time Optimization

From: David
Subject: Link Time Optimization
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:32:22 +0200

I've been searching mailing list for supporting -flto in libtool, and seen
several (commited?) patches.

The problem is that I've tried git version of libtool (trunk) and still it is
not supported since any program will compile with -flto (for example,
mysql-5.1.50).

Then, I have several questions:
- Are the lto patches already commited to trunk, or are they in some other
branch?

- When will be (officially, or alpha) supported lto in libtool, in which
version
is planned to?

Thanks, and sorry if I am missing something, but I couldn't find this info on
google :)