libtool

Re: Link error for blahS.c when used in multiple GCC environment.

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Link error for blahS.c when used in multiple GCC environment.
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:54:56 +0200

Hello Brendon,

* Brendon Costa wrote on Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 03:53:12AM CEST:

> I am having troubles linking an application in a project that uses
> libtool in an environment that has two versions of the GCC compiler.
[...]
> When i want to build using the development GCC i do the following:
>
> export PATH="/home/bcosta/build/install_gcc/bin:$PATH"
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/bcosta/build/install_gcc/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

Did you do this before running configure?  Please post the configure
output, and
  ./libtool --tag=CXX --config

Could you also please try adding this to the configure args:
  ./configure LDFLAGS=-L/home/bcosta/build/install_gcc/lib

and see how it fares (i.e., again post the --config output as above, and
try to build)?

> I am using libtool version: 1.5.18

Well, if you want to try out 1.5.23b, that would be of help, too;
however, I don't see anything jumping right at me that we changed
that would fix this.

Thanks,
Ralf