Re: Blind user complaining on Adobe web site

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Blind user complaining on Adobe web site
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 10:28:19 +0300

* Arthur Torrey <arthur_torrey@comcast.net> [2021-04-29 05:21]:
> I sort of agree, but at the same time, it appears to me that the
> FLOSS software world is far less 'disability friendly' than the
> fruit company or the other big name OS....  My S.O has just become
> legally blind due to medical issues, and while I've been looking at
> what might be available in the way of low-vision setups, I've been
> rather underwhelmed...

Let us know some particulars as in which area it needs improvement?

I cannot know what you mean as I am not currently impacted.

Some references on accessibility:

Vinux, based on Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, is a complete live
Linux distribution optimized for blind and visually impaired users. It
bundles screen readers, full-screen magnifiers, built-in support for
USB Braille displays, and optimized fonts and colors.

http://vinuxproject.org/

The Orca screen reader is the most fully-featured Linux screen
reader. It supports multiple speech synthesizers and Braille
displays. You need GNOME 2 for Orca to work because there are many
glitches in GNOME 3. As GNOME and KDE continue to present moving
targets stick with Vinux for best performance and least hassles.

http://live.gnome.org/Orca

https://wiki.gnome.org/Accessibility

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Accessibility_Guide/index.html

Jean