Re: Support RMS

From: Danny Spitzberg
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 15:12:51 -0700

   Based on the last few messages, it seems to me like FSF should switch
   from nonprofit incorporation and re-register with the government as a
   cult or religion. I hear the tax benefits are comparable, and the
   scrutiny into abusive behavior is far less too. Famous examples of
   financing include the Boston Catholic Church,
   Scientology, Rajneeshpuram -- why not GNUtopia too?
   And to those that think I want to remove RMS. It's not all about him!
   As I said earlier and several times, and as others have too, it's the
   enablers who refuse to hear any constructive criticism.
   I would LOVE to be in a free software community where people are more
   productive than ideological, more consensus-oriented than close-minded
   and defensive.
   Thomas, perhaps you are a voice of reason in all of this?
   On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 2:56 PM Adrienne G. Thompson
   <[1]adriennegayethompson@gmail.com> wrote:

     > * Danny Spitzberg <[2]stationaery@gmail.com> [2021-04-16 08:21]:
     > "(I was not close enough to smell his feet, however)"

   Paraphrasing the gospel of Luke 7:36-39:
   And behold - one of those in the Free/Libre Software community who was
   a sinner shall stand at his feet weeping, and shall wash his feet with
   tears, and wipe them with the hairs of his/her head, and kiss his feet
   and anoint them with ointment ... for s/he is a sinner who has
   blasphemed against St. IGNUcius of EMACS.
   Danny, next time you're fortunate enough to sit by RMS' feet, be
   cognisant of your status in the presence of the man who
   revolutionised the software industry by giving users freedom!
   - "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent ye shall all likewise
   perish." (Luke 13:3-5)
   :-)
   Adrienne
   --