Re: GFDL license help

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: GFDL license help
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 11:38:07 -0700

In principle, you could use the GPL straight ahead and even AGPL. That
would require that anyone who distributes the audio and video would
actually include the source files, whatever they might be. This gets
weird. Does it mean all the raw files and audio tracks and the saved
sessions from editing programs? Maybe. The terms of GPL say that source
is the preferred form for making changes. So, whatever form that is for
you, that would be the source files for the text, audio, and video.

I'm not the first to consider this, and there's something to it.

I haven't explored the pros and cons of GFDL for these cases.