Re: Planned Obsolescence

From: Eric Schultz
Subject: Re: Planned Obsolescence
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 11:16:05 -0600

   Android phone makers in particular are known for refusing to update
   their phones for more than a minimal amount of time. I literally just
   had to buy a new phone because my Pixel 2, which was working fine, is
   no longer receiving security updates. Allegedly one of the main reasons
   phone makers don't update phones is that the processor, chipset and
   modem makers don't provide long term support for their firmware blobs
   and a mix of free and proprietary build tools.
   Eric