Re: youtube-dl DMCA takedown on GitHub is risk for all GNU/Linux distrib

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: youtube-dl DMCA takedown on GitHub is risk for all GNU/Linux distributions
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 19:19:23 +0000

On November 4, 2020 5:49:52 PM UTC, Adonay Felipe Nogueira via
libreplanet-discuss <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> wrote:
>Em 03/11/2020 05:03, Jean Louis escreveu:
>> user could send email to Facebook user. They could chat between
>> networks. People who did not subscribe neither to Google or to
>> Facebook could chat to both of them by using XMPP network.
>> […]
>> Once they have gained user base they removed email and XMPP
>> possibility.

Another clear example of decentralization becoming centralization is GitHub.
Git as such was designed to be decentralized. Now GitHub has introduced
features that are available only on it. With a lot of money the underlying
decentralization capability is lost in vain and developers get trapped.
Nothing, just nothing, not even money paid to GitHub so not guarantee its
availability.

Internet is and was decentralized. Problem is that rich companies are trapping
it's useds. Problem is not technical capability.

Solution is in education and raising awareness. At least some people can be
helped.

Trusting Microsoft? No way. Trust shall be based on experience and I have all
the experience telling me not to trust Microsoft.

I have seen freshmeat going down out of blue. Google social network plus going
down. GitHub can go down any time for this or other reason. Putting free
software in hands of Microsoft? It is unbelievable.

Large companies trap users by making slow and slight unnoticeable changes. like
introducing a feature. But not telling that feature will trap millions of
people. It is double talk. Until people get awareness they already got monopoly
and do control that population using their service.

Am I free to call my software as I wish on the decentralized my own website?
Yes. Am I free to do so on GitHub? No. Isn't that fact enough for aware person
to avoid GitHub?

How about the fact that GitHub runs proprietary software as substitute for my
own computing? If they are free software advocates why they don't liberate at
least JavaScript? Because it is strategy of trapping people. They want to
introduce features and maybe even patent some of them to control people.

Unspoken from privacy issues that they now know where are developers located,
what are their email addresses, who are their friends, theft they can work with
the USA spying network.

Search on internet why GitHub sucks.

Jean