Re: The sad decline of copyleft software licenses? :(

From: Ali Reza Hayati
Subject: Re: The sad decline of copyleft software licenses? :(
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 01:11:42 +0330

Marinus didn't mean that the software harms the user. Marinus meant how
a software licensed under a weak libre license can be used against the
community/people. An example is Microsoft which uses a lot of
MIT-licensed software to produce its own software and publishes them
proprietorially. It's needless to mention an specific incident as
there's too many.

A software libre licensed under a weak license (such as MIT) can be used
to produce a proprietary software (or even platform) and in result, harm
users.

I believe there's no need to mention that software libre is about
software that respects users' freedom, not anything else so a software
libre can be harmful (at use) too. We're talking about the concept, right?

--
Ali Reza Hayati / alirezahayati.com
PGP: 6ACD 8BF4 4109 E852 96B7 2F20 6118 CCE2 1080 D0E2