Recommendations of LMS

From: Jonathan Sandoval
Subject: Recommendations of LMS
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 12:48:48 -0500

Hi everyone,

I'm still unsure about the topics of this list. I hope my question is
valid.

I'm a volunteer for a community process in a city of Colombia. We're
promoting art, culture, technology and science. We've got some donated
old computers and started to install them with Trisquel. That was
pre-covid. Now, our activities are virtual and we're trying to use libre
software as much as possible (Jitsi Meet for our meetings, BigBlueButton
for our educational activities, a mailing list with sympa, Nextcloud for
filesharing, and so on).

We have teachers (volunteers as me) for guitar, dance, theather, a
science club, and I proposed them we could use a learning management
system like Moodle or Canvas. They are creating stuff like videos,
images, etc. and I thought it would be a good idea to use a LMS for
structure of a course.

So, my question is: what LMS that respects freedom would you
recommend?. I've worked in the past with Moodle and installed it for
some schools and universities. I've seen Canvas LMS is very interesting
too. Any recommendation?, or maybe, any trouble with these mentioned
options?.

Thanks in advance.
And sorry for my english. As I mentioned, I'm a native spanish speaker.