Re: Communication around Covid-19

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: Communication around Covid-19
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 18:26:35 -0500

Thomas Lord <lord@basiscraft.com> writes:

> SXSW has been cancelled.

Note: its a 415k person festival in Austin, a town of 950k people.

> MIT (I've read) has
> banned employees from international air travel
> and is discouraging domestic air travel.

Thats a bit wrong. MIT employees can still travel internationally, just
not on MIT Business http://web.mit.edu/covid19/. That links says its due
to guidance just for for universities by MA state government, which says
that university sponsored travel like study abroad have special
logistical concerns.

Luckily, I don't see this news affecting LP. (Don't consider
this to be any official statement, just my personal opinion.)

- Ian