Re: One word label for someone who rejects proprietary software

From: Robb
Subject: Re: One word label for someone who rejects proprietary software
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:25:59 -0500

   What about "librewarista" or "librewarist" or "librewarian".
   I'm partial to the first one as it sort of sounds like a barista or
   another revolutionary group like the zapatistas, but is not loaded
   automatically with specific externally defined political ideology. It
   also has more of an activist slant vs. being tied to a simple rejection
   of proprietary software ala a vegan rejection of animal based products,
   but yeah it might be silly to try to come up with something but I think
   I might try to start using this term to indicate an affiliation and
   desire for a world where everyone can use libreware vs proprietary
   software. What do other people think ?

   On February 14, 2020 3:41:06 PM EST, "rapt@inventati.org"