Re: One word label for someone who rejects proprietary software

From: Lori Nagel
Subject: Re: One word label for someone who rejects proprietary software
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 03:33:23 +0000 (UTC)

   Just for fun, I put the words freedom respecting software, and then
   free software into duck duck go.  Freedom respecting software actually
   came up with more valid free software related results, whereas the term
   "free software" also had a lot of things that were just free as in
   cost, and not necessarily as in freedom. Richard Stallman actually uses
   the term freedom respecting software in one of his speeches (maybe more
   I didn't watch them all.)   Maybe we should all switch to the term
   "freedom respecting software" to avoid confusion for people unfamiliar
   with the free software movement, because people will generally not use
   that term for stuff that is just free as in cost.
   One thing I would like to point out is that all software developers are
   also software users, so when the choose to subjugate people by
   developing proprietary software, they also support a system of
   subjugating themselves to proprietary software.

   On Saturday, February 15, 2020, 9:35:33 PM EST, Roberto Beltran via
   libreplanet-discuss <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> wrote:
   > I personally identify as a freetard.
   Based, but I feel like most would take issue with that. I'm not really
   trying to do that in particular.
   - Roberto Beltran
   [1]https://libremiami.org/