Re: Request Advice for Work Meeting on Why use GNU+Linux

From: Michael McMahon
Subject: Re: Request Advice for Work Meeting on Why use GNU+Linux
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:18:26 -0500

Hi, Crista!

I would focus on what is available for GNU/Linux systems compared to
other systems.  Ask yourself, "What is something that you have not been
able to achieve at work with proprietary software?" and use that answer
to strengthen your argument.  In my experience once you get to a certain
point of using free software, there is eventually not enough
documentation to get everything to work on other operating systems
without a lot of trial and error.

From a security prospective, I would not want any of my medical records
or medical data living on system that is not GNU/Linux.  Any system can
be configured improperly of course, but I would take a patched GNU/Linux
server over any alternative any day.

Best,
Michael McMahon | Web Developer, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: 4337 2794 C8AD D5CA 8FCF  FA6C D037 59DA B600 E3C0
https://fsf.org | https://gnu.org