Re: Libre web front-end

From: Matt Ivie
Subject: Re: Libre web front-end
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2019 20:07:35 -0700

On Sat, 2019-11-09 at 14:08 -0500, MARY-ANNE WOLF wrote:
> If I wanted to write a game that people could play in their browser.
> and I wanted people who were concerned about libre software and their
> privacy to be able to play, what technology could I use?
>
> Mary-Anne
>    If I wanted to write a game that people could play in their
> browser.
>    and I wanted people who were concerned about libre software and
> their
>    privacy to be able to play, what technology could I use?
>
>    Mary-Anne

Some years back Christopher Allan Webber was involved in the liberated
pixel cup. Some of the games were coded in html + javascript and
licensed GPLv3. If you look at the FAQ there is a specific question
about that.

http://lpc.opengameart.org/content/liberated-pixel-cup-faq

You could go that route. I like your idea and I really think more libre
games should be made. There are some really great ones out there but it
never hurts to add more.

--
Matt Ivie