Re: “Get rid of digests”

From: Arthur Torrey
Subject: Re: “Get rid of digests”
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 21:15:01 -0400 (EDT)

Flip side - I have 90% or more of the email lists I'm on set to digest mode...
If I can't set a given list to digest, and it sends me more than 1-2 messages a
day I am very likely to drop it...

Granted I'm an old fart by some standards - I started computing back in the
days of the Boston Computer Society (RIP) and BBS's were the communication
channels of choice for anyone not in the University/Military/Industrial
complex... (because there were NO public ISP's) My initial Internet experiences
involved Gopher and WAIS via world.std.com and a UUPC account via Pioneer
Village....

I learned about trimming back when people got flamed, if not banned outright
for not trimming....  I am seriously annoyed by people that don't trim, (and
give the feeble excuse that their Zombie-phone makes it difficult...) but I can
always scroll past that crap fairly fast...

But I have no interest in constantly maintaining filters or other such things -
and already get to many individual email's a day, so digests are a REQUIREMENT
as far as I'm concerned...

Dump the digests and I will drop this list, which is one of the ones I usually
find less useful anyway...

ART

Arthur Torrey - <arthur_torrey@comcast.net>