Re: [libreplanet-discuss] “I don't answer questions from women”

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] “I don't answer questions from women”
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 16:27:22 +0300

"A. Mani" <a.mani.cms@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 3:05 AM Dmitry Alexandrov <321942@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That talk was terribly bad:
>>> https://twitter.com/sh4na/status/1174034117077413889
>>
>> Given how she contrived to paraphrase the ‘Holy Virgin of Emacs’ jest two
>> messages below [0]: “This was about five minutes before he declared that it
>> was the sacred duty of all male fans of emacs in the audience to take the
>> virginity of women. On stage during the keynote” I would not take seriously
>> even a word of that woman.  She seems to be of that kind who listens to a
>> human, but hears voices in her head.
>>
>> What are your reasons to believe her?
>>
>> (For those who unfamiliar with St. Ignucius sketch, the relevant part before
>> feminists compel Dr. Stallman to censor himself might read as: “And we also
>> have the cult of the virgin of Emacs.  The virgin of Emacs is any female who
>> has not yet learned how to use Emacs.  And in the church of Emacs we believe
>> that taking her Emacs virginity away is a blessed act” [1].  Feel the
>> difference.)
>>

> This reference to patriarchal concepts of 'virginity' is…

> For basic applied feminism (intersectional):

Whatever it is.  My letter was not to discuss the concepts of virginity within
intersectional applied feminism, but remind why we need to be more sceptical
while spreading rumours heard on Twitter.  And even more sceptical, when they
are of defamatory nature.

>>> Strangely this was not stated on Linuxchix website and elsewhere.
>>
>> Hmm...  Maybe it is not stated there, elsewhere and anywhere besides a
>> microblog of some RMS-hater [2] because this is just another piece of libel?
>
> No, her point is fine.

Sorry, what point?  Andreia Gaita was not presenting any point, she presented
_an evidence_, that once upon a time Richard Stallman replied to a some
mysterious question of her: “Oh wait you’re a woman!  I don’t answer questions
from women”.

You repeated this anecdotal evidence as a fact.

Aaron Wolf point was: she most probably missed the context.  (Which she feels
uncomfortable to provide [1]).

My point was: she most probably simply lied, just as she did while retelling
the St. Ignucius routine, and RMS never said _that_ to her.

[1] https://mobile.twitter.com/ArneBab/status/1174436677726736385