Re: [libreplanet-discuss] exposure to lynchings in free software communi

From: Robert Call
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] exposure to lynchings in free software communities
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 09:50:54 -0400

     On Sep 23, 2019, at 8:07 AM, John Sullivan <johns@fsf.org> wrote:

     Disagreement and discussion here is great. This particular message
     went

     over the line and violates the list standards. Both because it
     accuses

     people who disagree of murder, and because it's carrying on personal

     grudges most of us have seen in many other places on the Internet
     for

     years.

   I have to disagree. Some of the claims being made do have some grain of
   truth. I would actually say that it does not go far enough. Things like
   these are stressful for everyone involved and it is not that far out to
   claim that it could cause or trigger health issues. Sadly, no one has
   brought up the conflict of interest between the OSI and the FSF. John,
   you hired Molly while she had some involvement with the OSI, did you
   not?
   Censorship, language manipulation, virtue signaling  and downplaying
   claims without a coherent counterargument are all tools use to slander
   / bully people. I am appalled that so many in the community exhibit
   these regressive behaviors when they become uncomfortable with the
   direction of the conversation.
   RMS did not deserve the treatment that he received with this debacle
   and I deeply regret not speaking out in the past when others in our
   community were being lynched by the holier-than-thou mob. I think that
   it is valid to want a list / index of people who were wrongly slandered
   and their professional careers destroyed.
   Those who think they are on the “right side of history” should re-think
   how they are handling this[1]. While I don’t agree with a lot of what
   RMS says, I will fight against the slander and argue that the world is
   a better place because of the work that he has done.

   [1] First they came...

   [1]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...

   —
   Robert Call(bob)