Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Libre-silicon-devel] NLNet Funding Proposals

From: David Lanzendörfer
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Libre-silicon-devel] NLNet Funding Proposals for the Libre RISC-V SoC: call for participation
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 16:48:30 +0800

Hi Luke
In order to be truly libre, you've got to remove AXI from the RISC-V
implementation and replace it with TileLink or another bus, which isn't
patented by a company.
Also I would strongly discourage you from using ARM patented solutions,
this might most certainly come back in the future to hunt you.

-lev