Re: [libreplanet-discuss] censorship or technical issues in FSF lists?

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] censorship or technical issues in FSF lists?
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 12:30:32 +0200

On 23/09/2019 11:02, Federico klez Culloca wrote:

>> list.  If anybody wants to know they are receiving every message at
>> this
>> crucial time, please come and join us there, it can be your canary in
>> the coal mine.

>> Personal invitations to subscribe have already been sent to many people
>> I correspond with.  It is hosted in Switzerland so any censors promise
>> to be neutral.  Nonetheless, I would draw your attention to the bigger
>> question: Any list admin eventually becomes tempted to censor things,
>> which free software technology provides the best way to eliminate the
>> risk of censorship?
>>
>> https://lists.fsfellowship.eu/pipermail/discussion/2019-May/000000.html
>>

> Yes, and this resulted in electing Garfield (yes, the cat) as a community
> representative. Please, let's not do this again here.

Electing Fellowship councillors/reps is not the same as electing an FSF
president, nobody is planning a vote like that.  Having more than one
channel of communication appears to make the community stronger and
protect a diversity of voices.

Garfield is well equipped to comment on the late Mr Epstein.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/garfield/images/f/fc/1990-04-08.gif/revision/latest?cb=20171202190642

I wonder how long Garfield will last in the free software movement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUPwdH-cKlE

I hate Mondays.  For every other day, there is the fsfellowship list

Regards,

Daniel