Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 12:13:02 -0700

    > If it is true that Stallman called these victims as willing [....]

   He did not.  In fact he said the opposite.   The media campaign is
   built on a bald face, easily disproved lie.

   -t

   On 2019-09-17 11:47, lily via libreplanet-discuss wrote:

      Earlier in this thread, I sent the message below (last paragraph). I
      want to state that I have not been following the current issue of
      Stallman's statements closely, nor have I been following the Epstein
      case closely.
      I am just a young woman who got involved in the Free Software
   movement,
      because I want to help people attain freedom. Over the past decade I
      have admired the work of Stallman and the FSF community. So much
   good
      has come out of these efforts. I personally, have been able to reach
      freedom that I could only dream about as a little girl, because of
   free
      software.
      I do not wish to see us fight over things that would hurt the
   movement,
      and I let my personal feelings get the best of me. I am the type of
      person that believes all social issues are connected and really just
      one issue. So the fighting, will only hurt us all.
      Regardless of Stallman's resignation, I still see him at the heart
   of
      the movement, but I also believe that the rest of us bear the
      responsibility of carrying forth the message of freedom in
   technology
      for protecting the freedoms of people. Furthermore, it is our
      responsibility to see into the future and build a greater foundation
   of
      principles and software to address more social issues.
      I hope the community can agree with me on the point that we need
      greater compassion and positivity continuing forward. Below is the
      message I originally sent, for transparency of my actions.
      Sincerely,
      Lily
      If it is true that Stallman called these victims as willing. I
   entirely
      agree with Marry-Anne. The Free Software movement already lacks
   female
      support and these comments will only push more women away. I as a
   woman
      who has also suffered harrassment as a child and as an adult, do not
      want a leader who says things that hurt women. Stallman, you cannot
   do
      this. We as members must be strong and have someone else represent
   us
      period. FSF should take a stand and provide support for women and
      actively invite women to a space where we know we are supported,
      believed in and respected.