[libreplanet-discuss] Promote NoPhone

From: Caleb Herbert
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Promote NoPhone
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 21:12:10 -0500

Most people cannot access or afford decent Replicant devices.  It is
impractical to suggest people use them.

F-Droid is not the answer.  It is a last resort for device addicts to
gain partial freedom.  We should primarily suggest people to not have
mobile devices and to donate to Replicant.

We should teach them how to live a happy life without them, and how to
do it.  We should recognize the needs people fulfill with their phones,
and offer replacements.

We should show testimonies of people who do this every day successfully,
and show that it is possible to live life with user respecting devices.

We need to break the idea that someone is weird or destitute for not
having a mobile device.  We need to show that lots of people do it every
day and that they are happier for it.

We could do similar things with students and MacBooks/Chromebooks in
schools, documenting and supporting those who resist or raise awareness
in their communities.

--
Caleb Herbert
KE0VVT