Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Issues on GitHub, Issues on GitHub

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Issues on GitHub, Issues on GitHub
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 21:06:27 -0700

FWIW, in addition to
https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html which are
outdated somewhat and don't cover much, I've tried to keep updating this
list:
https://wiki.snowdrift.coop/market-research/flo-repos

I've only had substantial time myself with GitHub, GitLab, SourceForge,
and Gitorious (long defunct). My personal sense is that GitHub and
GitLab each have pros and cons in terms of features but GitLab is
somewhat more aligned with software freedom but both are imperfect.
SourceForge is usable and acceptable enough, but I dislike their
ad-focus (note that it is not the awful stuff that the previous owners
did though).

I've heard good things about Phabricator (used by Wikimedia among others).

SourceHut is the one I'm most excited about that looks to be an effort
to make a truly updated, good engineering (not JavaScript crap), and
fully-free. It's early state for the project, but it's the one I'm
cheering the most and want to see really succeed. I haven't actually
used it myself yet.