Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Help with JavaScript

From: Arthur Torrey
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Help with JavaScript
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 17:48:18 -0400 (EDT)

Suggestion on the ham thing from a non-ham...  Look up "Andy's Ham Radio Linux"
- it is an Ubuntu derived distro with every decent ham related Free / Open
program he could find and make work, plus the standard utilities with a focus
on being 'older hardware useful'...

He is a long time ham, and in addition to maintaining the distro, has taken
over maintainer duties for some programs that were otherwise abandoned, and has
also created a few Linux programs to enable use of ham hardware that the
manufacturer had only made software for that other O/S - I don't know if it
would be 'Free' by Richards standards, as he basically works with whatever info
about how to talk to the stuff that the manufacturer is willing to give him...
I think it includes some of the 'fox-hunt' transmitters, and some programmable
radios...

He is a 'name' in the ham world for his distro, at least as I understand it.

Andy also runs a Linux Meetup in Chelmsford, MA if that is local for you...

ART
Arthur Torrey - <arthur_torrey@comcast.net>

<Much trimmed original message>
Message: 1