[libreplanet-discuss] Need on-site help in Auburn, Alabama, USA?

From: Jim Garrett
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Need on-site help in Auburn, Alabama, USA?
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 07:58:20 -0400

Is anyone near Auburn, Alabama (USA) who might be willing to help a
fellow GNU/Linux user (for a reasonable fee)?

I live in the Boston area and my elderly parents live in Auburn.  I set
them up with Ubuntu on a laptop a number of years ago; I manage to visit
them once per year and do necessary maintenance.  This has worked well
until now; recently something has happened with the user interface.
>From my mother's description, it sounds like there is no launcher.  We
were able to start a shell and I talked her through doing an update but
that was pretty painful as her hearing isn't great.

This would be so much easier to trouble-shoot in person.  If there were
a shop that serviced GNU/Linux systems I would happily send them there.
If anyone on this list lives near Auburn please drop me a line.

Thanks!

Jim Garrett