Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GPL for physical object

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GPL for physical object
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 16:47:22 -0400

Julian Daich <julian.daich@freecomputerlabs.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a medical device and plan to release it under the GPL,
> most probably the AGPL. I know that is possible to have the design the
> design under the GPL, but for the physical object the situation is
> more complex. I think about make a trademark that will cover the
> decorative features and releasing the trademark under the GPL. Should
> be possible? Have somebody try that?

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-hardware-designs.en.html may be of
interest about the hardware and design questions.

Not sure what trademark under the GPL would be like -- GPL is for
copyrightable things.

-john

GPG Key: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7 5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
https://status.fsf.org/johns | https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<https://my.fsf.org/join>.