Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Does VIA's x86 CPUs have non-free "ME"s?

From: txt.file
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Does VIA's x86 CPUs have non-free "ME"s?
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 18:53:00 +0000

Even AMD and Intel had not always these „management“ engines. If you use
a cpu older than these techniques then you are probably safer.

According to libreboot[0] pre-2013 AMD cpus are not know to be vulnerable.

en.wikipedia[1] lists which Intel cpu has which version of Intel AMT.
First mentioned version is for an ethernet controller released Q2'05.

The latest VIA cpus have been released in May 2011. AMD had no
„management“ engine at this point in time. Intel had already a few
versions of their hard-/software. So I expect all public released VIA
cpus have _no_ such engine. But I have no proof.

kind regards
txt.file

[0] https://libreboot.org/faq.html#amd
[1]