Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Modernizing the Libreplanet Community Infrastr

From: Connor Doherty
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Modernizing the Libreplanet Community Infrastructure
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 21:58:12 +0000

Hey John!

1) The answer is no, I haven't, but if you knew about that, what prevents you
from upgrading? (Not that I think it's any better than Discourse.)
2) I had a feeling it was for more than groups, but I have yet to see it used
for anything else in a way that is (inarguably) successful. Regardless, my
proposal is essentially to focus not only on internal collaboration but to
become more of a public-facing resource for external visitors, such as
educating the public about many of the otherwise opaque software freedom
issues. Right now, it's mostly essays on gnu.org/fsf.org but the potential here
is enormous.

Anyway, it looks like Mailman 3 has a beta web interface called Postorious, but
I think it's safe to say it doesn't hold a candle to abilities and ease of use
they've worked into Discourse.