Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Replicant or LineageOS or ???

From: Adam Van Ymeren
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Replicant or LineageOS or ???
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 11:31:07 -0400

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:

> Is there anything like GTA04 in the pipeline that supports LTE / 4G
> though?  I saw it was discussed[4] for GTA04 but it is not clear.

Not that I know of.  I think the project is almost dead.  While the latest
revision GTA04A5 is currently being manufactured, there appears to be
dwindling interest in the project.  There were barely enough pre-orders to
do the current production run, I doubt there will be a GTA04A6 which is
disappointing.

The EOMA project [1][2] which is aiming to develop a standard for modular
computers has plans to do a cell phone eventually, however the current
design is using a 3G modem [3].  I hope they pull it off however.

[1] - https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop
[2] - http://rhombus-tech.net/
[3] - http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/hybrid_phone/