Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Potential of the Sleepycat License

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Potential of the Sleepycat License
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 11:13:58 -0300

For that to work, the dual-licensing would stablish rules such that only
the "proven to be /libre/" projects would be allowed for that
exception. My opinion on this is that there would need to have a through
approval process instead of simply relying on the judgement of the
project seeking to make use of the [A]GPL'd work under the LGPL
exception --- I think this is needed in order to really make sure that
this new project is really standing up for the end-users, and not simply
overlooking (or doing wrong) /copyleft/ compliance, or to make sure that
the end result is really /libre/.