Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gigablast has indexed 12 billion pages

From: Pen-Yuan Hsing
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gigablast has indexed 12 billion pages
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:12:57 +0100

On 25/04/17 15:02, David Hedlund wrote:
From 2015: "Reliable. Has been tested in live production since 2002 on billions of queries on an index of over 12 billion unique web pages, 24 billion mirrored." - http://www.gigablast.com/admin.html#features

This is new for me. If this is true it means that Gigablast is the leading free search engine by far.

I added GigaBlast Search to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:IceCat_extensions_(proposed)

Thank you David for sharing this, I've never heard of GigaBlast until now. General question: What do you and others who have used it think of its functionality? Does it work well as your "day to day" workhorse search engine? And how does it compare to other privacy-touting search engines such as Startpage, Searx, or DuckDuckGo?