[libreplanet-discuss] LibrePlanet 2017 and the Trump Police State

From: Will Hill
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] LibrePlanet 2017 and the Trump Police State
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 22:45:57 -0600

Should LibrePlanet 2017 be moved to Canada or other country where everyone can
attend and feel safe?

Donald Trump's Muslim ban has already made problems for people traveling to
the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_%22Protecting_the_Nation_from_Foreign_Terrorist_Entry_into_the_United_States%22

Trump has also ordered federal agencies to violate the privacy of foreigners.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20170126/11283536574/new-trump-executive-order-says-federal-agencies-should-exclude-foreigners-privacy-protections.shtml

I'm not sure I will brave travel under Trump no matter where LibrePlanet is
held because I live in the US and can not avoid the policies of this monster.