Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libre-respecting CS or engineering toys for ki

From: Berkem Dincman
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libre-respecting CS or engineering toys for kids?
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 14:40:55 +0200

Programming Interactivity: A Designer's Guide to Processing, Arduino, and Openframeworks

1st Edition

1 Ara 2016 ÖS 3:32 tarihinde "Pen-Yuan Hsing" <penyuanhsing@gmail.com> yazdı:
Dear libreplanet,

I'm hoping to buy some toys as gifts for a couple kids aged between ~3-5, and I'm hoping to get them (especially the little girls) interested in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) subjects.

Can people recommended some freedom-respecting toys for this purpose? It doesn't even have to be something installed in a computer, for example CS Unplugged (http://csunplugged.org/books/) has a great book that teaches basic computer science principles.

Maybe we can then submit these ideas to the FSF's holiday gift recommendations list.

Thank you!