Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What does the tech setup look like in your gr

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What does the tech setup look like in your grade school?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 09:49:05 -0400

I think our local schools in Melrose, Massachusetts are primarily Windows, with some Chromebooks and iPads here and there for special purposes.

Many years ago I was chatting with a high school teacher at a GNU/Linux user's group meeting. He said, "If you put students in front of computers in the classroom, it doesn't matter what operating system it has. They're going to break it, and the teacher will spend all of his/her time fixing desktops. You need a remote desktop on central server." So the idea of a remote desktop for schools sounds great. The big competition there will be Chromebooks and Google apps.

Jim Garrett