Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Seeking some Web-based software instance for i

From: Zaphod
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Seeking some Web-based software instance for interactive teaching task
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 21:05:05 -0700

http://hastebin.com/

This is what you want. It's foss.

On July 8, 2016 4:36:54 PM PDT, Koz Ross <koz.ross@retro-freedom.nz> wrote:
I am soon going to be teaching a class on data structures and algorithms at my
university. This class will be in Java, on Windows (a fact I am not happy about,
but cannot change).

As part of this, I plan to have an activity where each class member will need to
forward me a short snippet of code (about a dozen lines or so). I am thinking of
something similar to a paste service, except that:

- I need to be able to view all the pastes from every class member
- It should syntax highlight Java code
- It needs to be Web-based (i.e. no locally-installed software)

To give an example of what I mean, suppose I have three students: Alice, Bob and
Carla. Each of them writes a snippet of code, and sends them to me. I can then
view (on my machine) each of the snippets from all three of them.

I don't wanna have to use email for this (because that's a bit cumbersome). Of
course, this tool should be free software. Ideally, this Web-based program
should require minimal setup (so, no registration would be nice).

Could anyone suggest anything? I (and my students) would be very grateful!