Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Dev] [consensus][due: 2016-06-13]: New versio

From: Florencia Diaz
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Dev] [consensus][due: 2016-06-13]: New version for Parabola Social Contract
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 05:13:13 -0300

El 12/06/16 a las 01:54, lukeshu@sbcglobal.net escribió:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 00:00:38 -0400,
Luke wrote:
On 06/11/2016 11:42 PM, Luke Shumaker wrote:
5.  **Parabola and Arch Linux**: Parabola will produce an operating
    system that is a Free version of the GNU/Linux system "[Arch
    Linux](http://www.archlinux.org/)" and possibly other
    Arch-based systems. We will provide repositories and installation
    media without any non-Free software. All Parabola operating systems
    will be backward compatible with the system they are based on, as to
    help liberate already working installations. We will respect the
    design philosophies of the systems ours are based on, to reduce
    friction from both developer and user viewpoints.

Overall the new layout you proposed seems reasonable, however I'm
pretty sure that consensus was to not call it "Arch Linux" at all.
This is in order to remain in good standing with the GNU project.

Per a previous e-mail from RMS:

In this case, you have to choose to give this kind of respect
either to the developers of Arch GNU/Linux or to the GNU Project.
Respecting the former means joining them in disrespecting us.

I replied to RMS's email with essentially the wording that I included
in this version.  Unfortunately, he didn't reply directly to mine..

and...

What about "Arch (the GNU/Linux distribution)"?

It avoids endorsing the error, so it is ok.

I think that the version I submitted also avoids endorsing the error.
Perhaps change the heading to just "Arch" and leave "Arch Linux" for
in the body?

We are deciding by consensus that is good call it "Arch (the GNU/Linux distribution)", not "Arch Linux". Even Richard Stallman is agree about it, please no more fighting between us, we are part from the same distribution and community.

Greetings: Florencia.