Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What is ThinkPenguin?

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What is ThinkPenguin?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 23:41:38 -0300

This issue has similarities with the extreme affirmation that "free
software users should switch to free software directly". The extreme
affirmation that I just cited is wrong because every free software user
has his own pace. However, one must distinguish between a free software
user and a free software activist. Free software users take time to
"flourish" as activists.

I'm not against ThinkPenguin's work, nor against Minifree's.
ThinkPenguin's work serves as a middle point for those who want to
regain control of their computing over time. Minifree's work is suitable
for those that want hardware that respects their freedom (according to
the current-and-evolving criteria of the Respects Your Freedom
certification, of course).

It does harm me seeing this complicated situation in which general
computing is.