Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Building a free/libre platform for reviews

From: Erik Moeller
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Building a free/libre platform for reviews
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 13:54:19 -0700

> Will this need a central server, which would need to be paid for?
> Who would host it?

I'm happy to cover hosting for now; if it takes off we may end up
using the Wikimedia donation model or some form of membership. Like
Wikimedia (and as I'm already doing with freeyourstuff.cc) there'll be
dumps of the data so anyone can fork the whole project if they want.

I'll also look into supporting POSSE style self-publication (
https://indiewebcamp.com/POSSE ) so that people who want to host their
own reviews while also publishing to a community, can do so.

Erik