[libreplanet-discuss] Software used to connect to Snowden during Librepl

From: Kei Yamashita
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Software used to connect to Snowden during Libreplanet 2016?
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 14:13:34 -0400

Hello all,

I was wondering what free software was used to communicate with Edward
Snowden during the Libreplanet 2016 keynote. I want to be able to keep
in contact with some friends while I am away over the summer, but I
refuse to use Skype, WhatsApp, etc. I would like to know how I can setup
video chat communications between people that does not involve
proprietary software. (Bonus points if it is easy for a newbie to
free software to setup on any major operating system!)