Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Apple's iTunes deletes ALL your music files

From: Fabio Pesari
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Apple's iTunes deletes ALL your music files
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 07:46:45 +0200

On 05/06/2016 02:28 AM, Dave Rolek wrote:

> Fabio, when you say you already went through this multiple times, what
> do you mean more specifically?

That we've discussed the licensing used on GNU.org on this list and
other places, and many of us disagree with the reasoning for using a ND
license.

This doesn't mean that nonfree works are evil; mails on this mailing
list are technically nonfree and that doesn't certainly harm anybody,
for example, but there are some instances in which free licenses would
allow information to spread more easily, and there is a certain degree
of additional consistency in supporting both free software and free
culture, which are really two sides of the same coin.

Actually, I disagree with the licensing used on LibrePlanet.org and on
the Free Software Directory as well; I think they should be dual
licensed under both the GNU FDL 1.3 and the CC BY-SA, to allow
interoperability with Wikipedia and other wikis which use the CC BY-SA.