Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What do you think about calling free systems a

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What do you think about calling free systems as "GNU" systems (even if there is no GNU or Linux-libre)?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 17:50:00 +0200

(Sorry for top posting)
Currently there are 2 options:

* running a fully Free/Libre system, then accepts hardware runs partially.
* running an half Free/Libre system then accept hardware would likely runs "foolish".

A third option would be to build a complete Free/Libre hardware design chain, unfortunately that would need a huge patents survey with a 25 (20 ?) years back jump to the past.

At option, a large effort consisting in must-have-features "Patents-Left" deposing would do the drill (I don't discuss on feasability but on patent-threat counter-measure: there is no gentleman agreement in industry, newcomers just pay).