Re: [libreplanet-discuss] gnewsense

From: Zaphod
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] gnewsense
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 03:46:25 -0700

Just read changelogs for security patches and compile changes yourself if you want them.

On 04/28/2016 04:34 AM, Olle Knolle wrote:
Hello!
I installed gnewsense as surrogat for debian because of its intention to keep it more free than debian can maintain and I´m happy, that there is the old init system still alive. Call me paranoid but systemd is developed by redhat which counts more than 50% of its turnover by the us-government which is killing so called "terrorists" without giving them a chance to defeat themselves in front of a court, often killing more people as necessary regarding to their shady list. I have no doubt, that many programs have backdoors and I´m not installing more programs than I definitively need (As far as my know-how allows to realize). Sadly a browser is needed and the version of gnewsense`s iceweasel is a little bit old. The default browser cannot handle https so I must use Iceweasel, even if there are permanent callback routines in this program from google and symantec. But what I want to know is, can gnewsense be safe without the usually nearly daily updates debian and other maintainers are releasing?
Where can 'I find more Information on this issue?

Thanks ,

Olle Knolle