[libreplanet-discuss] buying CDs VS Digital Downloads

From: Cardoza, Michael
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] buying CDs VS Digital Downloads
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 10:11:29 -0500

So I know I am probably beating a dead horse at this point. What are peoples opinions on this age old topic? For my thought I am thinking CDs can often be purchased cheaper, ripped into any format you wish, and can be purchased with cash and are basically their own backup. Where as digital downloads almost always come in a format that is non-free, if they come in a format that is free you either need non-free software to download them, or at the least non-free _javascript_ to download them. In the case of amazon if something happens to your files you need to download the songs individually as there is no Software for GNU/Linux (that I am aware of) that can download a whole album.

Thoughts?