Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Teaching programming

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Teaching programming
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 13:52:48 -0500

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 11:24:25 -0500, Harry Prevor wrote:
> For the record, this has never been true. I wrote a program a long time ago
> that allows you to download Google Docs in the free ODT format; the script
> seems to have been lost but the process is still simple:
>
> http://archive.is/Oxqwf

Ah, this is good, thank you for sharing.

> You may still not want to use GD because it may be difficult (but not
> impossible) to *edit* the documents using only free software, but it
> certainly is not hard to view Google Docs documents using only free
> software.

It's good that we have a way to view these documents.  But it's not an
excuse for others to use Google Docs.  What they could do is
provide the ODT link instead of the normal Google Docs link if they do
have to link to such a document.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker | GNU Maintainer